[Part of Contact Improvisation Wiki.]
Learning to coordinate in moving connected to someone else is as multi-faceted as learning to coordinate yourself (and similar in many ways!). What are skills do for people learning CI need to develop?
Individual's Skill Lists
- Category:Following The Contact Point - e.g. The Finger Dance
- Category:Sharing Balance - e.g. Slight Counterbalance
- Category:Sharing Weight
- Category:Relating With The Floor including falling, rolling, what else?
- Being Receptive To Both Self and Partner
- Filling In The Gaps - developing more full presence, always a work in progress
- Respecting Boundaries - one's own and those of one's partner.